Deputy Prime Minister for Services Affairs, Minister of Local Administration
Deputy Prime Minister for Services Affairs, Minister of Local Administration: Eng. Omar Ibrahim Ghalawanji
-Born in Tartous, 1954.
- Degree from the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Tishreen University, 1978.
- Director of a number of the Military Housing Establishment's directorates, 1978-2000.
- Deputy Chairman of Lattakia City Council, 1997-2000.
- Director of the General Housing Establishment.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Arab Housing Ministers Council.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Arab Union Contracting Company.
- Minister of Housing and Construction in the former government.
- Married with 3 daughters and a son.