Minister of Communications and Technology
Minister of Communications and Technology: Dr. Imad Abdul-Ghani Sabouni
- Born in Damascus, 1964.
- Ph. D from Grenoble National Polytechnic Institute, France.
- Degree in Engineering from Ecole Nationale Supérieur des Télécommunications in Brest, France.
- Director General of the Syrian Telecommunications Establishment, 2003 – 2006.
- Chairman of the Syrian Computer Society.
- Advisor to Minister of communications and Technology.
- Participated in composing the dictionary of Computer Terms published by the Syrian Computer Society.
- Member of the Syrian Secretariat of the Technical Committee on Using the Arabic Language in Information Technology.
- Participated in work teams at the Arab League, the International Telecommunications Union and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA).
- Minister of Communications and Technology in the previous government.
- Married with two daughters.